General Tryout Information:
- The core tryouts for our teams are held in late September each year for the next year's outdoor season.
- Some teams my leave a spot or two open in case a new players moves to the area. Contact the coach of your age division to see if any spots are available. Playing as a call up is also an option for older ages.
- Depending on numbers of coaches and the number of players available for each age group, we are sometimes forced to combine age divisions.
- Deadlines for committing to a team may be as late as November 1st, but in general we need to know in the fall that we have enough players and a coaching staff to field a team for the next outdoor season. Uniforms and some league fees are required by as early as December so we need to know early.
- Proposed age divisions and coaches are posted on the Tryout Schedule.
- A Tryout Waiver (see the forms list on the home page) is only required if the player did not play with any OSA affiliated club this past soccer season. This is for insurance reasons.
- Players are encouraged to attend all their team's scheduled tryouts. Please speak with the coach if you can't so s/he knows you are still interested.
- Please arrive early for your tryouts in order to sign in and do a proper warm-up.
- See the Map page for links to Scugog, Uxbridge (Herrema) and Brock fields.
- Dress for the weather in layers and bring Water! We practice/play rain or shine, hot or cold.
- Girls may tryout and play on Boys teams.
- See the Tryout Schedule for the Proposed teams. Use your child's birth year to find the correct tryout.
- Players are required to tryout for their specific age division as we feel that's where they should play.
Playing up an age division, when we offer a team at the players own age division, is for very talented players or special circumstances only. Please speak to the coach and a board member if you have more questions about this.
- A Playing Up Permission form is required (see the home page) and must be signed by the parent, coach and then approved by the Board if a player wants to try out for an older team when a team is already available at that childs age group.
- Tryout schedules often change to accomodate fields and hockey and bad weather, etc. Check back here for the latest version before you head out.
- Fields of Uxbridge are closed for Clubhouse construction this fall so all Uxbridge based tryouts are taking place at Herrema fields.
- Washrooms may not always be open for mid-week tryouts. Go before you Go.
Click the link below for the latest version :
NDUFC FALL TRYOUT SCHEDULE
(for the 2018 OUTDOOR SEASON)
Please see our Maps Page for directions to Scugog fields and Uxbridge fields.